The Yuba-Sutter-Colusa United Way is committed to creating long-lasting changes with measurable improvements for people in need within our three-county area (Yuba, Sutter and Colusa) by focusing our efforts on building blocks for a better life.
As part of that commitment, Yuba-Sutter-Colusa United Way invests in high-performing non-profit organizations that provide programs and services that align with our strategic priorities/impact areas in three ways:
- Allocations: Funds are allocated annually to Yuba-Sutter-Colusa United Way Partner Agencies through the Citizen’s Review and Allocations Process.
- Direct Targeted Investments: These investments are funds designated by donors to specific 501(c)3 non-profit organizations located anywhere.
- Community Impact Grants: These grants are directed toward high quality local programs that benefit the citizens of Yuba, Sutter and Colusa counties. Funding is granted to any non-profit 501 (c) organization through a competitive application process each year. The current round of funding is directed to programs serving youth ages pre-natal through 17.
We will help others to create long-lasting changes in our community by adhering to the following strategic priorities:
- Enhancing Educational Opportunities
- Enhancing Income
- Improving the Health of Our Residents
To achieve our strategic priorities, through our Community Impact Grants and other efforts, we will focus our efforts on:
- Healthier Opportunities for Children (our focus for 2017)
- Community Homelessness
- Our Aging Population